This year, I'm not going to make resolutions for myself that I don't look forward to. No negativity, no "eat less dessert," I don't want to place limitations that I won't keep. Instead, I want to focus on things that will help me stay happy and positive throughout 2016, and it will hopefully make them more fun to stick to. Without further ado...
1. Buy fresh flowers. At least every other week, if not every week. They're a mood brightener, and honestly, just really pretty.
2. Be more active. I'm not going to tell myself that I have to go to the gym every day, but I at least want to try to go on walks more, maybe run/waddle through Central Park, and try to focus on making this a priority rather than just a method of transportation.
3. Cook more. I love cooking. Absolutely love it. And I've got a teeny tiny kitchen here, which is kind of depressing, but I want to try to make more use of it. It's healthier, saves money, and I enjoy it. Why the heck not do it more?
4. Post at least one outfit per week on The Nouveaux. I started this blog nearly two years ago now, but have only just started really posting on it. I know I don't schedule nearly enough content, so I want to try to focus at least once per week (probably Monday) to post an outfit.
5. Be ok with imperfection. This one will probably be the hardest one to tackle. I'm a perfectionist & workaholic, and have a hard time letting things go sometimes. I need to be ok with imperfection in myself, what I create, and anything else in life. It's time to stop beating myself up over things I either can't control, or things nobody else will notice anyway.
6. Take good care of my skin. This one I've already made a head start on, but I need to prioritize it. I know I'm only 23, but prevention starts now, and I won't let myself (or I'll try not to anyway) fall asleep with makeup on, go without moisturizer at night, or barely stay hydrated.
So, the outfit. I bought these for a little NYE soiree, but they're part of my annual post-Christmas sale splurge. The sales right now are K-I-L-L-E-R and I'm a sucker for a discount. I snagged the jacket at Saks at 75% off and the dress at 30% off, but a little navy dress is practically a closet staple. LND=LBD if you ask me.
Promptly after this shoot, I wolfed down a cheeseburger & fries over at The Burger Guru, still in the dress. Some things never change...
Photography by Lydia Hudgens